Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pooh- Lord of the Snakes, but not the Reno!

Well then, as most of you know I have several pets. My mother feels this makes up for my being childless and she is most likely right. I don’t consider I have gone over board however. I have one dog (Reno), One cat (Gray) one bird (Toot) and one turtle (Speedy). I feel I have all the elements represented here too so it is all good.

Now I also count Pooh as a pet, mostly because he eats with his paws, pees outside and has been knows to run about in the front yard wearing nothing but his undies. Also if you scratch him just right behind is ear, his leg twitches; or at least he tells me it is his leg. Ahem.

Today Pooh is a proud man. While shooting his bow and arrow set he chanced upon a snake. Immediately he marshaled his manly prowess and vanquished the two inch long thing.

Now we come to one of the things that makes me madly in love with Pooh. Now that he held the creature powerless in his grip he began to worry that it was too small to take care of itself, what with all the ravens we have in the backyard and such. Perhaps it would not be able to get enough to eat.

Bless him.

Ergo it makes perfect sense to scoop it up and put it in his failed herb garden. The one that he planted in an old aquarium and proceeded to tell me was marijuana. Picture me running about the house screaming “ OMG! We are going to get arrested! I am too pretty to go to jail!!!!!”

Yeah he thought it was pretty funny too. Gawd!

But I digress.

After inquiring as to what the thing eats and being told flies, and no that it would not be able to crawl out of the aquarium even though there is nothing covering it, a statement I doubted greatly, I managed to dig up the small container I once kept Speedy in back when he was still the size of a quarter. A bit of kitty litter and a few river rocks later and I now have a snake- a tiny, little snake who looks absolutely terrified mind you- living on my kitchen counter.

Now comes the truly sad part. My poor dog Reno is apparently scared of snakes as when pooh stuck the little thing in his face he peed all over the kitchen. Reno was very embarrassed. Pooh was very angry mostly because I made him clean it up. *EG*

I have friends that would keel over in a dead faint if they saw this but I am not squeamish. And I have to say, the lil sucker is just too darn cute! Now my question to you all; what should we call him? I like the sound of Pooh Jr. but that may be a bit much.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hubby would shit! I am okies w/the snakes though, they are just there. But I don't want them in my house, they will get out and I am too small to carry both Morgan and Bill around on my back ala Velma from Scooby Doo until said snake is found and caught once more.
But go on with it. Pooh can always say.. ya wanna see my snake? When they go OMG how rude, he can pull out Jr (weg) and show him. There you go.. and po Reno, he can't help being scared of Jr. Watch that cat though, they will eat them given half a chance.

Karen said...

LOL I am not a fan of the snake (unless it is of the trouser variety *eg*) but I lmao at this. Now, I think you should name the snake Eeyore as it goes well with Pooh!

Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL I'm not a big snake fan either. They are fine in the great outdoors, I'm fine staying out of their way. LOL Eeyore might be a good name. Good luck with it, Meme.