Friday, September 02, 2005

Watching and seeing things getting worse

Yes it is just awful, Pooh may be driving a truck of supplies down Friday, I know it is mean-spirited but I hope they don't need him as I will worry. I have volunteered my time as well, and will continue to for as long as it is needed.

Our friends in the area have gone to Canton MS and are staying in a hotel. It is hard as the place is 80.00 a night and their men have stayed behind because of the looting. It is wearying for them, even our favorite coonass is loosing his happy-go-lucky attitude.

They are thinking of relocating up by another friend, near Madison, which would be nice as we would all be near each other when Pooh and I move there.

I have been volunteering at the senior center for the last month, it is fun, They all bring an item and play bingo before lunch and I get to call it. Sometimes I do paperwork, I find it very relaxing, and it gets my mind off this mess.

I also managed to get a sunburn on my bottom, How you ask? I went outside in my gown and accidental fell asleep in the shade. Did you know the sun moves? I myself found this a very surprising fact; especially as when woke up my bottom half was really very overly warm. So now I look like a candy cane, white and red stripes.

Being a sensible female I blamed my butt-burn on Pooh as everything is his fault anyway. What was Pooh's comment you ask. "Don't blame me, I didn't ask for a rump roast."

Rump Roast? Leave it to my Pooh to equate my rear end with food.

3 comments:

Mechele Armstrong said...

Very heartbreaking time. Hope it all works out.

LOL I like the rump roast. Unique comment.

Karen said...

Poor candy-striped Meme!! Ouch! I am lmao at Pooh's witty comeback too.

Jenn said...

mmmm.. but you gots a RARE rump roast Meems! LOL