Saturday, July 22, 2006

Meme's the Word

What is a meme?

Is it: meme (mēm), noun: A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another?

Or is it Meme, the slightly cranky, just-woke-up woman above whose hubby Pooh thought it would be funny to snap this photo? (I have to say I do think it is funny now, especially when I recall the wedgie I gave him after :D)

It is both actually, but in the world of blogging, a meme is any idea that is spread from one person to another. It can be anything from a funny news story to a game of some sort to a what-type-of-kitchen-appliance-are-you? quiz. If you got the idea from someone else and you’re spreading the idea to other people, you’re contributing to a meme. Here are some memes seen around the Net:

Four Things About Me: I’ve seen a bunch of variations on this, but the premise is the same: listing things about yourself in fours on your blog.

Blog Tag: There are a million versions of this one too – basically write about something, and then tag someone else.

Meet and Greet: Leave a comment on a blog, find the person who commented before you and then comment on that person's blog.

Now it's your turn. Try one of the memes above. Even better, be creative and make one of your own. Feel free to comment about them here! Heck, we’ll do a version of the Meet and Greet on this blog. Comment on this blog entry, and read the blog of a person who had commented before you. Then post a nice comment on that person’s blog.

Come on you all know you want to take a ride of the MemeCoaster of Love! Whohoo!!!

To quote a very good friend of mine. We are Legion, We are Meme! *Ahem!*

Taken in part from yahoo's 360 (yes I know it is meem but really , I could not resist!)

3 comments:

Jenna Leigh said...

Oohoo Meems is the bomb! yes,well, ME ME is the way it should be said. At least in the Memeverse. That other way of saying it is so so funky. I love the meems, I really do. Now, I've commented, and I will see about fixing your chatterbox thingit.

Karen said...

Here I am commenting too, because the Meme is so sweet! And you look so purdy in your picture :)

Deshanna said...

Lookie I commented! Mostly because I am smart enough to fear the Meme even as I am ever so confused by the actions of the Pooh.